Have You Heard of Greenwashing?
Greenwashing is when a business or organisation spends more time and money claiming to be ‘green’ through advertising and marketing than actually doing anything to minimise their environmental impact.
We didn’t want to be greenwashers!!
So we made ourselves accountable. We made a concentrated effort to ensure that green practices actually overarch everything that happens in our daily work life. Here’s how…
- We made ‘Eco Friendly’ timeslots so that when you are booking through our self-booking system, we highlight times which are ‘Eco Friendly’ and will result in lower fuel consumption for travel to your job.
- We have developed a sophisticated stock management system which reduces wastage.
- We repurpose any assets which may no longer suit their original intended purpose.
- Wherever practicable we buy local to reduce the transport related impact on our carbon footprint (with the added benefit of supporting other local businesses like ourselves!).
- We comply with all applicable laws, regulations and other environmentally oriented requirements.
- Everyone in our team is encouraged and rewarded for innovative suggestions that lead to an improvement in sustainability.
- We maintain a ‘less paper’ office and issue invoices and perform admin functions electronically.
- For any paper that is used, we have a repurposing system to ensure that each and every piece is used to its full potential before ultimately being sent for recycling.
- We request that business correspondence such as bank statements, invoices etc are received (and then stored) electronically.
- Having cloud based systems means that we can work from anywhere, reducing the need for travel and providing an added benefit of a faster response time in all of our work.
- We never rest on our laurels. We continually seek and encourage input as to how we may improve on our commitment to sustainability.
- Our pièce de résistance, however, the development of which we are the most proud, is our all-encompassing ‘EVO-T’ green cleaning system.
Evo-T Sustainable Carpet Cleaning is a bipartite system that combines our behind the scenes sustainable practices together with a new cleaning technology that:
- Is the most environmentally compliant compared to any other method
- Does not create any toxic waste water
- Consumes 90% less water than traditional methods
- Is ultra-efficient in its cleaning capability
- Uses machinery that is very quiet
We all leave a footprint on the Earth and operating a business means that we are creating an impact on a larger scale. We want to make sure it is a good impact.
So now we give you the choice, just ask us… Steam Clean or Green Clean?
Thank you for helping us on our journey to ensure that our planet will meet the needs of future generations. We hope you feel good about your contribution to making a greener Earth.